Koda’s Sequence of Events Timeline
- Tuesday -7/16/19 approx 1pm Koda and my other 2 dogs Tink and Sky went into the unsecure part of the yard and he broke 2 boards and escaped with them.
- Tuesday – 7/16/19 1:30ish returned home and realized they were out went looking for them and decided to call animal control to see if they had been spotted.They had over on a nearby street. I then drove around and a few people pointed the direction they went and I picked them up (no where near the street they said)
- Tuesday – 7/16/19 1:40 ish I called animal control said I found them they said they were sending an officer over to talk to me I expected a ticket (yet again)
- Tuesday – 7/16/19 – Animal control arrived told me he had been in an altercation but it didnt see serioud but the lady was taking the dog to the vet, I immediatly offered my contact info to help pay. And was issued a warning type citation.
- Wednesday – 7/24/19 – The husband call tells me the bill is $191 and thankfully the vet understood and took $300 off. I asked how their dog was and was told fine. We texted back and forth numerous times and were never able to meet. I sent 2 texts asking where to meet etc and no response.
- Friday – 7/26/19 – Husband sent us a text showing us the bill was $191.06 which we were agreed to pay. Due to work schedules, we offered to pay electronically.
- Saturday & Sunday 7/27 & 7/28 – Sent repeated texts to husband requesting to meet before Mother-in-Laws (Emergency double lung transplant) at Stanford Hospital.
- Saturday 8/10/19 (2+ weeks later) – I suddenly receive a text from his wife /gf claiming that they have suffered so much and the daughter has nightmares and he was wrong about the bill its really 491. She came across really mean from the start but long story short after back and forth for 2 days I refused to pay the extra,
- Saturday 8/10/19 – Via text, I asked the wife/gf how she wanted the $191.06 – either by money order, check or what. She refused to cooperate.
- Tuesday 8/13/19 – Wife/gf threatened had warned me via text (3) three times if I didn’t pay (in full $491.06) by end of day she would file a dangerous dog report.
- Tuesday 8/1319 – 5 hours later a dangerous dog report was filed and a mandatory hearing was set.
- Wednesday 9/18/19 – we attended the hearing and Koda’s was declared dangerous
Koda has until 10/17/19 for me to either win an appeal, comply with code and lock him up for the rest of his life, or be euthanized
He has very few days left to live